Powerjam member registration
(April - July 2022)
Please make full registration payment to the following account (add your member's name as reference).
Powerjam (Lloyds Bank)
Sort Code: 30-91-91
Account No.: 23108568
Please email us ANY FORESEEN ABSENCES on any of the Friday sessions next term.
IF there have been changes to the following info, please include it in your registration email:
- Any safeguarding issues (our Safeguarding Policy);
- Any health concerns/allergies;
- Your member’s full name and date of birth;
- Your member’s school;
- Your member’s postcode and local council;
- Parent contact details, including phone numbers.
Please note that by registering, you and the member agree to the following terms:
- You must give one full term’s notice if a member will be leaving Powerjam anytime between September and July of a given school year (as a sudden departure would impair a band’s ability to perform the set list they have been rehearsing which would affect the entire band). Failure to do so may incur a fee equal to 50% of the following term’s fees. This is because we aim to involve as many young people as possible whilst maintaining quality, and by holding your young person's place, it will prevent others from joining and/or starting new bands and additional staff time to compensate. We trust you understand the position we are in.
- If another member leaves without this notice and we are either unable to find suitable replacements your registration fee will be fully refunded pro rata, and we will contact you once we can accommodate them.
- Notify us and refrain from coming to a session if your member displays any Covid-19 symptoms or if you’re aware your member has been in contact with the virus;
- Bring and wear ear plugs, and bring water and any necessary equipment to each session and gig
- Member’s first names as well as videos, photos, recordings of them being used for marketing;
- Powerjam is not responsible for your member’s safety and whereabouts at events and rehearsals outside of rehearsal times and onstage time at gigs.
- No substance/alcohol use before and during sessions (and, preferably, after!)
- Ensure you and your member understands that they must not share the bespoke Powerjam guide tracks, they have been created for your specific Powerjam member’s/bands’ personal use only and sharing could jeopardise the bands’ originality or appeal.
- Should any additional gigs be added to the schedule and members are keen, there will be an additional small fee to cover tutor time.
Social media & miscellaneous terms
- Please ensure you and your members mention/tag Powerjam when promoting a band release, gig, or general promotion on social media, as Powerjam’s growing community appeal and fanbase/followers (including gig organisers) is directly related to our being able to secure their future gigs for them. This includes contend shared from our social media profiles (be it shared directly or downloaded and reposted).
- Inform us if your member has been contacted on any social media platform regarding the booking of their band, mainly for their protection, and so we can ensure they have the best representation and conditions at all times.
- If any bands decide to create their own social media pages (Instagram, TikTok etc.), they must mention in their bios that all enquiries should be directed to @powerjam_band_project and inform us of any DMs. Moreover, if bands arrange their own gigs, we need to be involved in the organization as much as possible - this is very important for safeguarding and for ensuring that bands are coordinated in a professional manner, as ultimately each band's performance represents both the band itself and Powerjam as an organization.
- Members learn the value and importance of teamwork and accountability by being in a rehearsing and gigging Powerjam band. Forming sub-bands outside of their Powerjam band with other Powerjam members is not something that we can control, but out of respect for the work that Powerjam puts into forming and developing bands and the subsequent pride that members take in these bands, this is not something that we encourage. It can often lead to tensions in the band, disturb both the equilibrium and team spirit, and lead to a band “break up". Also for this reason, we ask that if members do form these kinds of sub-bands with other Powerjam members regardless, they refrain from performing songs that they have rehearsed at Powerjam.