Powerjam member registration
(January - March 2023)
Please make full registration payment to the following account (add your member's name as reference).
Powerjam (Lloyds Bank)
Sort Code: 30-91-91
Account No.: 23108568
Please email us ANY FORESEEN ABSENCES on any of the Friday/Saturday sessions next term.
IF there have been changes to the following info, please include it in your registration email:
- Any safeguarding issues (our Safeguarding Policy);
- Any health concerns/allergies;
- Your member’s full name and date of birth;
- Your member’s school;
- Your member’s postcode and local council;
- Parent contact details, including phone numbers.
Please note that by registering, you and the member agree to the following terms:
- You must give one full term’s notice if a member will be leaving Powerjam anytime between September and July of a given school year (as a sudden departure would impair a band’s ability to perform the set list they have been rehearsing which would affect the entire band). Failure to do so may incur a fee equal to 50% of the following term’s fees. This is because we aim to involve as many young people as possible whilst maintaining quality, and by holding your young person's place, it will prevent others from joining and/or starting new bands and additional staff time to compensate. We trust you understand the position we are in.
- If another member leaves without this notice and we are either unable to find suitable replacements your registration fee will be fully refunded pro rata, and we will contact you once we can accommodate them.
- Notify us and refrain from coming to a session if your member displays any Covid-19 symptoms or if you’re aware your member has been in contact with the virus;
- Bring and wear ear plugs, and bring water and any necessary equipment to each session and gig
- Member’s first names as well as videos, photos, and recordings of them will be used for marketing;
- Powerjam is not responsible for your member’s safety and whereabouts at events and rehearsals outside of rehearsal times and onstage time at gigs.
- No substance/alcohol use before and during sessions (and, preferably, after!)
- Ensure you and your member understands that they must not share the bespoke Powerjam guide tracks, they have been created for your specific Powerjam member’s/bands’ personal use only and sharing could jeopardise the bands’ originality or appeal.
- Should any additional gigs be added to the schedule and members are keen, there will be an additional small fee to cover tutor time, unless Powerjam receives funding specifically for gigs.
Our social media handles are:
IMPORTANT! Your Expected Contribution to Marketing
- Your fees only cover the running costs of rehearsals. Anything associated with gigging ( time spent liaising with organisers, booking, organising, planning, and executing gigs ) or marketing gigs or Powerjam bands (including creating digital content) is made possible through a combination of volunteer work and outside funding we need to apply for. Our ability to get funding to keep your fees low and also book gigs for your members is directly linked to the amount of engagement and number of followers we receive on our pages. By registering, you and your members are expected to contribute to the amount of behind the scenes work and effort we put into marketing and gig booking/executing (free of charge to you), and agree to:
1) tag Powerjam’s appropriate handles on any related posts;
2) interact (by liking and commenting) on our social media pages;
3) promote your members’ gigs;
4) invite friends and family to gigs;
- Inform us if your member has been contacted on any social media platform regarding the booking of their band, mainly for their protection, and so we can ensure they have the best representation and conditions at all times.
- If any bands decide to create their own social media pages (Instagram, TikTok etc.), they must mention in their bios that all enquiries should be directed to @powerjam_band_project and inform us of any DMs. This is very important for safeguarding.
- Promote Powerjam both onstage and by tagging on social media if your Powerjam band happens to gig on any non-Powerjam stages, performing material rehearsed at Powerjam.