Win a professional recording and release with Powerjam, worth £1,000!
THE DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS HAS PASSED. Thank you to everyone who sent in their songs! The winner will be announced shortly.
Get YOUR song on SPOTIFY by entering our competition for a chance to win a free professional recording, full song production, marketing and release on all major streaming platforms!
Singer-songwriters and bands welcome!
No Entry fees!
For Richmond upon Thames, Kingston, or Hounslow young musicians.
- vocal and instrumental recording sessions in one of our studios, with our in-house professional sound engineer
- full song production, including recording and engineering
- professional mix and master
- pre-production meetings to agree on the style of the song and production
- release on all major streaming platforms (including Spotify, Apple Music, YouTube Music, Soundcloud etc.)
- marketing content (audiogram video for YouTube, Instagram, Facebook posts)
- social media campaign
- worth £1,000!
Terms and conditions
- deadline for submissions is March 31st 2021
- All entrants must be between 12 and 17 years old.
- Entrants must be residents or attend school in Richmond upon Thames, Kingston, or Hounslow.
- Entrants retain all ownership rights to all submitted song(s). Powerjam will not have any ownership rights to any song(s) submitted.
- Entrant must be writers or co-writers with others aged 12-17.
- The competition is not open to current Powerjam members
- Entries can be just a vocal melody and lyrics; no instrumentation needed.
- GSCE and A-level compositions are welcomed.
- Entries must be the exclusive original work of the entrants and must not infringe any copyrights or any other rights of third parties (no covers allowed).
- Entries must not have been previously released.
- There is no limit to the number of individual songs students, bands or schools may enter.
- Recordings must be sent to email@example.com
- Each song entered must have its own entry (in a separate email) and be accompanied by an audio file (MP3/M4A/WAV/AIFF) and accompanying song lyrics document (PDF, DOX).
- Each entry must be labelled with the entrants' name, song title, residence postcode, school, and school year.
CONFIRMATION OF ENTRY RECEIPT
- A confirmation of entry receipt will be sent to the email address provided. If you don't hear back from us in a week, please DM us on Instagram @powerjam_band_project
- The demo will be judged on songwriting and not on recording quality.
- Judging will be done by the Powerjam team, who are industry professionals and qualified music educators.
NOTIFICATION OF RESULTS
- Winners will be announced on our Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter pages pages on completion of the judging process, after the winning entrants has been informed via phone and/or email. A Prize Claim letter will be sent to winning entrants.
- By entering the competition, the winner agrees that the completed recording song may be used by Powerjam for non-sale promotional purposes. This may include placing samples of the track and reproducing the winning lyrics on the Powerjam website and in future social media posts. Nonetheless, as mentioned above, the rights and ownership of the song(s) will remain with the composer(s).
Here's a selection of tracks that we recorded and released so far, so you can get a sense of the quality of our productions. We work with a variety of genres. Our releases have accumulated over 50,000 streams on all platforms!
Powerjam is a not-for-profit project and charity that offers young musicians the opportunity to form and join gigging Rock & Pop bands, work with like-minded people, and the opportunity to record, release, market their music on all streaming platforms. Music industry professionals channel their knowledge of recording, gigging, and working with domestic and international artists into providing young musicians with the optimum contemporary artist experience, which includes mentoring, managing, and promoting young artists.
Powerjam is also the recipient of a Richmond Council Community Heroes' Award in 2019.